Saturday, August 8, 2015

Help Francesca and her cat buy a bed!

Happy Saturday! Or should I say........CATurday?

Today's posting comes to us from Connecticut. Francesca and her cat really need a bed. They can't afford to buy one because they are expensive, and they are tired of sleeping on the floor. Air mattresses make Francesca ache and her kitty pops them. She sounds smart.

Francesca has since posted an update, saying an "Angel" has purchased her and her kitty a bed. But, she would still like $500 to buy a boxspring and a bed frame. I'm going to move forward with laughing at her.

I can't stop laughing at this one. I really don't even (unfortunately) have anything poor to say about it. It's just too fucking funny. The actual GFM is called "get us off thefloor" (yes, she forgot to put a space between the and floor) and it's a picture of her adorable cat. And it has raised zero dollars. Here is one of her updates:
"Hey y'all, please help us out with this! We REALLY do need a bed, and can't seem to afford it. Anything you can afford to help us would be GREATLY appreciated!" God love her.

In Francesca's defense, those pesky air mattresses really do pop. Let me tell you all a story (yes it is 100% true). A dear friend of mine adopted/stole a cancer-stricken emotional-assistance cat from her 8 year old neighbor in college. The parents didn't know how to lock their front door and the cat kept escaping so my friend just kept her. She named the cat Justine :)
Moving on, my friend slept on a luxurious air mattress. Not one of those shitty ones that homeless people use on camping trips, but a really nice one with different settings. Once Justine moved in, it was all over. She was enjoying her nightly dinner of a cut up hot dog and proceeded to jump onto the bed, instantly popping it. My friend struggled with waking up on "thefloor" every morning. So I get it Francesca.

Sadly, Justine had to be put to sleep three days after my friend lovingly "adopted" her, because the shitty original pet parents didn't take her to the vet EVER and she was suffering from cancer of the ear. RIP Justine.

I'm still laughing. If you are so inclined, please click the link to go to the actual GFM page. The grammar is poor, the formatting is ugly, and the cat is just adorable. Baffled why Francesca felt the need to start a GFM to buy a bed.

I'll give Francesca a break, because it's Saturday, I'm hungover, and her cat is fucking cute. Good luck with the fundraising for your box spring and bed frame. If you want my opinion though, get a fucking job and buy your own shit. xo

http://www.gofundme.com/ztv5wc3k

Have you stumbled across a page that seems unnecessary? Send them my way! gofundmeshaming@gmail.com

And follow us on our new Twitter! @gofundmeshaming



No comments:

Post a Comment